Wine Gems – Keermont & Vino PH

Keermont

A tight knit team of 15 people work at Keermont, from tending the vines to packaging the bottles for final release, all work is carried out by this team to ensure that the same attention to detail is followed throughout the wines’ production.

Mark Wraith lives on the farm with his wife, Monica and their four children. Mark plays an active role from strategic long-term planning, right down to tending to the vines and taking care of guests in the tasting room.

Alex Starey is in charge of the vineyards and of making the estate’s wines. Employed at the start of the redevelopment of the farm in 2005, he enjoys the responsibility of making sure that the vineyards deliver the highest quality fruit to create the best possible wines.

They aim to create wines that reflect the beautiful place from which they come and the different blocks from which the grapes are picked. For this reason, they try to use less chemical fertilisers, fewer pesticides and to irrigate as little as possible. They hope to achieve natural, well-balanced vineyards that ultimately yield better quality wines. Only grapes grown on Keermont Vineyards are used in the production of the wine.

For us at Wine Concepts these wines scream elegance and purity and they are arguably some of the best wines you will ever taste.

 

Keermont Terasse White Blend 2019 – R1188 per case

Keermont Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 – R1 686 per case

Keermont Merlot 2018 – R1 314 per case

Keermont Syrah 2016 – R1 560 per case

Keemont Fleurfontein Dessert Wine NV – R 1 560 per case

 

Vino PH

Paulette & Hanneke are two young passionate women driven by their curiosity and energy for life. They are friends firstly, but they make a mean team when it comes to making things happen and creating magic.

They have two wines in their repertoire. Firstly the pH Palomino. 60% of the grapes were whole bunch crushed into a big bin and fermented on the skins for around 6 days. The other 40% was pressed whole bunch and the juice fermented separately in a barrel. The skin contact portion finished fermentation and matured in a ceramic pot. They feel like this added a lovely grippy texture to the wine. The wine is naturally stabilized and settled with no filtration prebottling.

With the PhD Bukettraube Pet Nat their project is being taken to the next level! The pH girls teamed up with the ‘Master’ in the Swartland winemaking industry, Adi Badenhorst, to experiment with more exciting wine styles.

If you are looking for something new and interesting that is also unexpectedly GOOD give these a try. You will not regret it!

 

pH Palomino 2020 – R900 per case

PhD Bukettraube Pet Nat 2021 – R 1 260 per case

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Need Help?