Antebellum Chenin Blanc 2013 - Wine Concepts
3724
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-3724,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode_grid_1300,footer_responsive_adv,hide_top_bar_on_mobile_header,qode-content-sidebar-responsive,qode-theme-ver-17.0,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.5.5,vc_responsive
 

Antebellum Chenin Blanc 2013

anteWine of Origin: Swartland

Winery: Antebellum Vineyards

Location: Riebeek Kasteel

Winemaker: Johan Meyer

Background: Produced from two blocks of Chenin Blanc, this wine is made in an oxidative style – when the grapes turn brown just before fermentation starts. 60 percent of the grapes were fermented naturally (no addition of commercial yeast) in small stainless steel tanks without any cooling while the remaining 40 percent were whole-bunched pressed and fermented in French oak barrels. After fermentation the wine was aged in the barrel.

Result: Appealing low alcohol of only 12 percent, the wine has subtle citrus and wild honey aromas which follow through to a silky texture of ripe apple and lemon flavours on the palate.

When to drink: Now until 2015

Pair with: Roasted duck breast with balsamic figs and crispy leaks, but lovely on its own especially with the benefit of the low alcohol!

Expect to pay: R63.50

To order this wine, email Wine Concepts

No Comments

Post A Comment